DR. MICHAEL THOMAS SWORN IN AS PRESIDENT OF THE AMERICAN SOCIETY FOR REPRODUCTIVE MEDICINE
New Vice President and Board Members Announced
Today the following announcement was made:
Michael Thomas, MD, was inaugurated as President of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) effective October 26, 2022. Dr. Thomas is the Department Chair of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine.
Recognized nationally as a leader in the field of assisted reproduction, Dr. Thomas has over 90 scientific publications and book chapters and serves on a number of national committees. Dr. Thomas is the Principal Investigator of the Contraceptive Clinical Network on the National Institutes of Health and has grants from many pharmaceutical companies. His research interests include contraception, infertility and the effects of stress on reproductive function.
Dr. Thomas has extensive experience in treating multi-faceted infertility issues and endocrine disorders ranging from infertility, abnormal puberty, endometriosis, polycystic ovarian syndrome and menopause to disorders of the thyroid and adrenal gland. He is trained in microsurgery and hysteroscopy, as well as operative and laser laparoscopy.
Dr. Thomas received his medical training at the University of Illinois College of Medicine and was a resident at Wayne State University in Detroit. Dr. Thomas completed a fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine and is board certified in both Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility.
He succeeds ASRM President Marcelle Cedars, MD, Professor and Director of the Division of Reproductive Endocrinology at the University of California, San Francisco.
The future of ASRM is in great hands with Dr. Michael Thomas. His care and passion for his profession and the society is evident in the great work he is doing. I am thrilled to be passing the baton to such a competent and compassionate individual and am excited to see how far ASRM will go with him in leadership. – Marcelle Cedars, MD, ASRM Immediate Past President
Dr. Elizabeth Ginsburg Elected ASRM Vice President
Elizabeth Ginsburg, MD, Medical Director, Assisted Reproductive Technologies Professor at Harvard Medical School becomes Vice President of ASRM and will become the organization’s President in 2024.
New Board Members
- Eve Feinberg, MD, REI Fellowship Program Director and Associate Professor, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
(Director at Large)
- Ruben Alvero, MD, Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Stanford Medical School and is the Division Director of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at the Lucille Packard Children’s Hospital (Director at Large)
- SART President Sangita Kathleen Jindal, PhD, Santa Barbara Lab Director of ART Reproductive Center
- SMRU President James Smith, MD, MS, Associate Professor and Director of the UCSF Male Reproductive Health
- SRBT President Brad Milette, BS, Laboratory Manager and Technical Supervisor at Dominion Fertility
- SREI President Steven Young, MD, PhD, Division Chief and Research Director; REI Fellowship Program Director; and Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of North Carolina School of Medicine
- SRS President John Preston Parry, MD, MPH, Fertility Specialist (REI), Positive Steps Fertility & Parryscope Fertility Diagnostic Testing